Bubble Up Pizza


Well, all I can say is that I have made a lot of homemade pizza in my day (my family is pizza crazy, especially my husband) and I have never before tried Bubble Up pizza.  I remembered coming across this recipe a few times on the internet but never thought to make it.  Today I was busy making pies and getting a few things done ahead of time for Thanksgiving and remembered this recipe.  Off to the store hubby went for biscuits and I got busy.  Wow… given the simplicity of this recipe I was impressed.  Now I can hardly wait to try a few different variations of this pizza.  Next on the list ham and pineapple or maybe chicken and BBQ sauce instead of pizza sauce some red onion and gouda cheese.  Ohhhhh the possibilities are endless. Enjoy!

 



Ingredients:

1 roll of refrigerated biscuits, 10 pieces, low fat if you can find them

1 teaspoon olive oil

1 ½ cups of mushrooms, sliced

1 cup green pepper, chopped

1 cup turkey pepperoni, sliced thin

1 ¼ cup low fat mozzarella cheese, grated and divided in half

1 – 15 ounce jar of pizza sauce                                                            

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350°F.

In a medium frying pan, sauté mushrooms in olive oil.  Set aside to cool.

Break biscuits apart.  Cut each biscuit into 3 or 4 pieces, depending on how big you want your biscuits.  Remember they almost double in size.

Place biscuits into a large mixing bowl and add the mushrooms, green pepper, pepperoni, and half the cheese.

Add the pizza sauce and mix everything together, making sure everything is evenly coated with the sauce.

Mix together making sure that  the biscuits are evenly coated with pizza sauce.

Pour the mixture into a 9x13 baking pan, sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.

Bake for 25 minutes and remove from oven.

Spread the remaining cheese on top and sprinkle on some parsley flakes or basil leaves.

Return to oven and bake an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and brown and dough is cooked through.

Let cool 5 minutes and serve.

Serves 6

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment